Be a part of our regional response to homelessness! Acres of Diamonds has a variety of volunteer opportunities available, including one time and on-call opportunities, group events, and regular volunteer staff positions. Our goal is to place you in a position where your gifts and passions are meeting a need for our women, children, and organization.
A great place to start getting to know Acres and discerning where to help out would be on one of our Vision Tours.
To tell us more about yourself, fill out our volunteer contact form or give us a call at 425-788-9999.
- Mentor for Older Kids (2 hours weekly)
Work one on one with older kids, building relationships with them and mentoring them.
- Child Care (2 hours weekly)
Build relationships with and teach children while their mothers are in classes. Sessions are Monday and Thursday evenings from 6:00 to 8:00 PM and Sundays 4:00-6:00 PM.
- Last Sunday of the month Child Care (2 hours monthly)
Build relationships with and teach children while their mothers are in classes. Sessions are the last Sunday of the month 6:00 to 8:00 PM.
- Birthday Dinner Host (One or multiple time hosts)
Help us celebrate our families by hosting a birthday/ recovery party on the third Thursday every month. Serve dinner and have fun with our women and kids during this special time.
- Tutors (1-2 hours weekly)
Work one-on-one with kids to review homework, catch up on math, social studies or language arts skills.
- Office Support (2 hours weekly)
Answer phones, greet guests, scanning, filing, and computer work. Computer work may be as simple as data entry or, if you are up for it, creating tools and systems.
- Donations Coordinator (1-2 hours weekly)
Sort community donations for residents, children, or other uses. We provide a “Diamond Dollar Store” so residents can shop for things for themselves or their kids.
- Budget Coach (2+ hours weekly)
Work one-on-one with a resident to help them learn to develop and follow a budget.
- Photographer (occasional)
Help us document and communicate special events, programs and needs at Acres.
- Class Instructors (2+ hours weekly) – Help women and/or kids learn basic skills while enjoying each other’s company. Current classes include budgeting, setting personal boundaries, parenting, and Bible study.
- Companions (1 hour/week or 2 hours/every other week)
Walk alongside one of our women in a long-term friendship. Position includes application process and on-going training.
If you have any questions, please call 425.788.9999 or email email@example.com.